Managing weight is one of the biggest challenges for a person. Today even active young people are gaining weight faster than before aln also overweight is found in children too. Born children with clinically obesity is not a rare case anymore. In India, there are regions where 40% of people are fat, and soon, half of the world’s population will become fat!
Problems That are Caused by Overweight
Being overweight causes many problems:
- Being overweight increases the chances of high blood pressure, diabetes, cardiac problems, ulcers, digestive disorders, gout, thyroid problems, etc.;
- It causes physical and psychological stress;
- When you’re overweight, you consume more food than your body needs. A third of the world consumes 50% more food than they need, and over nutrition will soon pass half of the world’s population. If we eat as much as we need, we can solve the food and water shortage easily.
Why people Become Overweight?
It is caused by many reasons, and we don’t notice that we’re overweight until it’s too late. Here are some of the reasons:
- Unhealthy lifestyle – erratic work time, sleeping late, insomnia, etc.;
- No physical activity. The sedentary lifestyle is becoming more and more common – everything we do is lately done by machines. We spend too many hours on the PC, and entertainment doesn’t mean going out like it did before. We don’t walk any more – we just drive or take the cab;
- Bad eating habits – we eat fast food far too often, and even the supposedly healthy food is not exactly healthy. The portions at our home are becoming even;
- We eat too much processed and packaged foods;
- We are focused on eating flour, bread, bakes, pastries and fried food.
Are You Overweight?
How can you know if you are overweight? Here are several things that can help you in realizing if you are fat:
- Have your visibly gained weight recently? If so, you need to start making diet and lifestyle changes;
- Fat percentage and waist to hip ratio can tell you if you’re getting fat. There are established ranges that shouldn’t be passed. For women, the range is 25% – a 2-3% increase should be fine. However, if you were 22% before, and now you’re 25%, you need to be careful. Don’t check your BMI or lean body mass – it will confuse you;
- Do you fit in your clothes? This is one of the easiest indicators of becoming fat;
- Has anyone recently told you that you gained weight? If yes, consider doing some lifestyle changes;
- Are you eating more and getting frequent cravings? This is also a sign of “fatness”.
Proven and Fast weight loss Diet Plan
Once you have determined that you are overweight, you need to start a diet plan which needs to be healthy. You can make one yourself or find one online. Here are some guidelines you should follow:
- Eat a little less than you feel you need. Eat enough to feel hungry every 3 hours;
- Stop drinking water during and after meals;
- Eat a liquid diet rich in soups and milk. 25-30% of your diet should be liquid, while the rest can be solid food;
- Avoid too much coffee, tea, soft drinks, canned juice and alcohol;
- Don’t eat after 8 PM. If you’re feeling hungry, grab a cup of milk or a piece of fruit;
- For snacks, you can have lime juice, smoothies, seasonal fruit or salad. However, avoid snacks more than 4 times a day;
- Start and end your day with a glass of warm water;
- Avoid junk food (fried foods, processed foods, pizza, hot-dog, canned food, sweets, pastries, foods rich in sodium or chemicals and preservatives);
- Eat lightly cooked vegetarian food; Walk at least four times a day for 15 minutes, usually before meals.