Proper oral hygiene, with regular visits to the dentist will help you to keep healthy teeth and gums, and it is imperative to remove dental plaque, the main cause of tooth decay, and gum disease. However, since the mouth is covered with a sensitive mucous membrane, it is recommended that for cleaning and care of teeth and oral cavity are used natural and non-aggressive ingredients.
Unlike conventional toothpastes that contain fluoride, SLS, Triclosan, sorbitol, parabens, phthalates, artificial colors, aromas and sweeteners and petrochemical ingredients, natural toothpastes are made without harsh ingredients and fluoride, with excellent properties for cleaning and antibacterial activity, and the refreshing taste. The complex minerals from clay and essential oils as the main ingredients, help to calm, to alleviate the inflammation and strengthen the tooth enamel, which contributes to the elimination of dental plaque. The powder does not prevent the spread of streptococci on the tooth surface, i.e acts as an agent for preventing tooth decay, relieves symptoms of gingivitis and periodontal disease. Sea salt, rich in oligo-elements, green clay and soda, help in tooth whitening. Vegetable glycerin provides a calming effect on inflamed gums.
These kinds of toothpastes are suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
They clean the teeth in a natural way and are fighting with the bacteria, which is the main causes of plaque and tartar. With the soothing effect they protect the gums of developing irritation, and in the mouth leave a breath of freshness. Due to its antiseptic properties and the ability of bleaching and prevention of caries, are ideal for general oral hygiene.
With this kind of toothpaste, mouthwash is usually not necessary, but if you have a persistent and long-lasting problem in the oral cavity (inflammation of the gums, bad breath, ulcers …), after a detailed cleaning of teeth with toothpaste, you can use natural mouthwash consisting of hydrolat (flower guide) without alcohol. Very effective are Hidrolats peppermint, anise, sage and others.
Typical ingredients of natural toothpaste and their effect
– Sea salt acts as an astringent on the gums.
– Calcium carbonate cleans teeth and gently massage them.
– Green clay, together with other ingredients, cleanses, tones and prevents decay and creating cavities on teeth.
– Essential oil of sage and vegetable glycerin give a calming effect on inflamed gums.
– The acid from the citrus, especially lemons and limes contain enzymes that ‘are killing’ bacteria, among other things responsible for bad breath, but also acid that corrodes the stains on enamel.
– For powder was discovered and scientific research confirmed that can prevent the spread of streptococci on the tooth surface, ie to act as agent for the prevention of dental caries, relieves symptoms of periodontal disease and gingivitis.
– Essential oil (globulus, etc.) have expressed antimicrobial and antiviral activity, and is effective against pathogenic fungi.
– Essential oil of sage has antibacterial and antifungal activity, and has a very efficient operation of sage on ulcers and in general on problems of the oral cavity
– Essential oil of lemon is antiseptic and gives the toothpaste a pleasant refreshing taste.
– The essential oil of mint (peppermint, mint, etc.) has antibacterial and antiviral activity.