A glass of warm lemon water first thing in the morning on an empty stomach is very beneficial in several ways. Lemon is loaded with vitamin C and provide 64% of the Daily Value in a 100 g serving (table). Lemons also contain numerous phytochemicals, including polyphenols and terpenes.
This drink is very easy to make, and it’s super healthy – just squeeze ½ lemon in a glass of warm water and that’s it. You should drink lemon water every day because flushes the system, aids digestion, fights hunger cravings, promotes weight loss and creates an alkaline-forming environment to balance the body’s pH.
Here Are 15 Health Conditions Helped By Drinking Lemon Water In the Morning.
1. Helps Heal Acne – Consuming lemon water, helps metabolize the acidic temperament of the body alleviating and preventing acne breakouts. You can also rub the juiced lemons on your face to help with acne.
2. Appetite Suppression and Weight Loss – The vitamins and enzymes in lemons are great regulators of blood sugar and it helps you to maintain normal weight levels. Pectin fiber helps fight hunger cravings. Lemon juice is a digestive system best helper.
3. Flushes Out Kidney Stones – You should also know that lemon juice contains good amounts of potassium, which will help you increase the citrate levels in the urine to prevent oxalate from forming.
4. Boosts your immune system – Lemon water is a great support to the lymphatic system, which works in conjunction with your immune system to trap and eliminate pathogens.
5. Gall Bladder Pain – If you have gall bladder stones you should try drinking lemon water during your lunch. It will help you a lot.
6. Cold and Flu Remedy – Lemons are high in vitamin C, a natural antioxidant that enhances the immune system and has antiviral and antibacterial properties.
7. GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease) – One reader used to go through TUMS like candy and since drinking lemon water, two weeks later, she hasn’t needed them.
8. Harder Finger Nails – Several people mention they feel lemon water has increased the hardness of nails and cleared up white spots seen on them.
9. Fights Off Food-Borne Illnesses – Especially when travel or going on a holiday, the best way to prevent food poisoning is to drink lemon water. Users recommended this as one of it benefits.
10. Helps Deal With Fibromyalgia – If you combine lemon water and yoga stretches you will easily deal with exhaustion due to fibromyalgia.
11. Reduces Inflammation – As we mentioned before, lemon juice has powerful anti-inflammatory properties, which means that lemon water can help you neutralize acidity which is the main cause of tissue inflammation.
12. Relieves Sore Muscles After Exercise – You should squeeze a lemon into a glass of warm water and drink it after exercising. It will help you relieve sore muscles and help you relax.
13. Reduces Joint Swelling and Pain – Lemon water can help reduce uric acid in our joints.
14. Reduces Alcohol Cravings – Some people think that drinking lemon water in the morning on an empty stomach helped them kick a craving for alcohol.
15. Helps with Colitis – Colitis is an imbalance of acid/alkaline levels in the body so it’s no wonder that lemons can help with this. Drinking a glass of lemon water a day is a great way to bring your pH levels back into balance and reduce acidity.