You know you can use apple cider vinegar for almost anything, but do you know how? Therefore, this article will be of great help as it will instruct you on how to get the best effects from the use of vinegar!
Apple cider vinegar has powerful antiviral and antibacterial properties, and it is extremely effective as a household cleaning agent, in food, and for fighting infections.
According to research, it is especially effective when combined with some warm water in the case of E. Coli bacteria in fresh food. Remember that the hotter the water, the better the effects.
Apple cider vinegar is known to help regulate blood sugar levels. It can reduce postprandial glycemia (which is a technical term for a major blood sugar crash after a carb-heavy meal).
One study also showed that type 2 diabetics who drank only 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before bed over a period of 3 days experienced better blood sugar in the morning.
When you are sick, your body tends to have a more acidic pH level than it should. Restoring your health is closely connected to bringing your body back to an alkaline pH: ideally 7.4. Apple cider vinegar, like many vinegars, works to balance your pH levels. This is because ACV is alkaline-forming when digested.
This is how to use it and solve various health issues:
Diluted in water
– Muscle fatigue: 1 tablespoon + 1 cup of water. Drink before a workout to fight muscle fatigue.
– For weight loss: 1 tablespoon ACV + 1 cup of water. Drink once a day. This is based on a 12-week study in which participants lost 1-2 pounds every week while drinking ACV mixed with water versus drinking only water.
– Control blood sugar: 1 tablespoon ACV + 1 cup of water. Based on a study that showed diabetics had increased insulin sensitivity when drinking ACV before a meal, and another that suggested ACV prevented blood sugar drops during fasting periods.
Use it as a Compress
– Relieve burns and bug bites: 1 teaspoon ACV + 1 teaspoon water. Apply this mixture to skin via cotton fabric or gauze.
– Soothe itchiness from dryness or eczema: 1 teaspoon ACV poured onto fabric or gauze. Apply directly to affected area.
Use apple cider vinegar as a beauty care product
Add 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar to a bowl of lukewarm water. To treat acne, rinse with this solution and then pat dry with a towel.
Relieve sunburn: add a teaspoon of vinegar to a glass of water, and swish, spit it out and rinse again with water. This will help you get rid of bad breath and prevent cavities.
DIY Hair Rinse
– Treat dandruff: ½ cup ACV + ½ cup water. Apply mixture directly to scalp. Leave on 1-2 hours once a week.
– Get clarified, shiny hair: 1 tablespoon ACV + 1 cup water. Rinse with this mixture after shampooing.
– Salad dressing: ¼ cup ACV. Mix with olive oil and dried herbs for salad dressing. While you can introduce a lot of creativity into your dressing recipe, a good place to start is to mix ¼ cup ACV, 1/3 cup olive oil, 2 teaspoon honey, 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard, and seasoning to taste (seasalt and pepper).
– ¼ cup ACV. Add to a black bean and quinoa salad (find a great recipe here)
– 1 teaspoon ACV. Flavor a ginger chicken wrap (here’s our favorite recipe)
– 1 tablespoon ACV. An essential ingredient for homemade Oreos!
Wash Your Fruits And Vegetables
1 tablespoon ACV + 2 cups of warm water. Rinse fruits and vegetables before preparing. Acts as natural disinfectant, kills harmful bacteria that water alone can’t, and is safe to eat.