People take Advil (Ibuprofen) to minimize pain associated with headaches, back, and muscle pain. The remedy may stop the pain temporarily, but it does nothing to combat the reason for the pain. When we experience pain, our body is telling us there is something that needs attention. Often times, we simply want to mask the pain for the time being, hoping what caused it will go away. The problem is that we can get into the habit of taking medication (with ibuprofen) on a regular basis to reduce pain which can lead to serious side effects over time. Risk of heart attack increase. A recent Reuters’ article opened with the following stunning sentence:
“LONG-TERM HIGH-DOSE USE OF PAINKILLERS SUCH AS IBUPROFEN OR DICLOFENAC IS ‘EQUALLY HAZARDOUS’ IN TERMS OF HEART ATTACK RISK AS USE OF THE DRUG VIOXX, WHICH WAS WITHDRAWN DUE TO ITS POTENTIAL DANGERS, RESEARCHERS SAID.”
Data reveal that in the duration in between 1999 and 2003 there were almost 30,000 cases of cardiac arrest and abrupt heart death due to Vioxx use.A research study in 2000 showed that these medications are connected with cardiac arrest and strokes and trigger enhanced heart rate. According to another research study released in Lancet, NSAID drugs use can double the danger of cardiac arrest and cardiac arrest. Nevertheless, FDA, Merck and other pharmaceutical business, stayed quiet on the concern.
INFLAMED: Our default bodily state
Why are so many people taking NSAID drugs like ibuprofen anyway?
Nowadays, discomfort and swelling prevail health conditions, and the very best method to prevent and deal with these conditions is to alter your day-to-day diet plan and way of life. In order to keep or bring back correct health, we ought to constantly go with a healthy food, routine workout and lowered tension levels.
Sadly, many individuals, either due to absence of time, or absence of will, pick the simpler, however damaging, alternative, to immediately alleviate discomfort. These over-the counter drugs, such as ibuprofen, unfavorable impact on home owner’s health.
Serious adverse health effects
These negative effects of ibuprofen and drugs of that kind are connected with various unfavorable health impacts. These for example DNA damage, high blood pressure, anemia, miscarriage, enhanced danger of cardiac arrest and abrupt heart death, influenza and hearing loss.
Furthermore, these adverse effects can arise from making use of any of the entire group of anti-inflammatory and non-steroidal drugs.
Research on natural alternatives to Ibuprofen
Research study has actually discovered various natural options to Ibuprofen, which provide even much better outcomes on health, and no adverse effects. These for example:
– Holy Basil— The substances of the Holy Basil have anti-inflammatory buildings equivalent to aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen (discovered in a research from 2000);.
– Anthocyanin from Raspberries and Sugary food Cherries— The power of this desirable component amounts to that of naproxen and ibuprofen in reducing inflammation-associated enzyme familiar as cyclooxygenase-1 and -2 (a research study from 2001).
– Chinese Skullcap (baicalin)— Chinese Skullcap consists of a drug called baicalin which is similarly efficient as ibuprofen in minimizing discomfort (animal research study from 2003);.
– John’s Wort— This advantageous herb is two times more powerful and more reliable than ibuprofen an analgesic (an animal research study from 2004);.
– Omega-3 fats— 1200-2400 mg of Omega- 3 fats every day have the very same impact as ibuprofen for easing arthritis discomfort, and with less adverse effects (human research from 2006);.
– Olive oil— This incredibly healthy oil consists of a drug called Oleocanthal which has anti-inflammatory impacts just like those of ibuprofen;.
– Topical Arnica— it is exceptionally advantageous for hand osteoarthritis, and the threat of negative effects is a lot lower (research released in 2007);.
– Panax Ginseng— Has anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving buildings just like those in ibuprofen, which likewise shows its possible anti-rheumatoid arthritis buildings (an animal research study from 2008);.
– Ginger— For discomfort relief in menstruations in females, ginger pills (250 mg 4 times a day) are similarly efficient as mefenamic acid and ibuprofen (research released in 2009);.
– Mix of Vitamin C, Ginkgo biloba, and Astaxanthin-– This powerful mix amounts to as well as much better than ibuprofen in decreasing asthma-associated breathing swelling (animal research study from 2011);.
There are, of course, hundreds of additional substances which have been studied for their pain-killing and/or anti-inflammatory effects, and there are also aromatherapeutic approaches that do not require the ingestion of anything at all, but there is also a danger here. When we think of taking an alternative pain-killer to ibuprofen, we are still thinking within the palliative, allopathic medical model: suppress the symptom, and go on about our business. It would behoove us to look deeper into what is causing our pain. And when possible, remove the cause(s). And that often requires a dramatic dietary shift away from pro-inflammatory foods, many of which most Westerners still consider absolutely delightful, e.g. wheat, dairy, nightshade vegetables and even wheat-free grains, etc.