There are a huge number of people who enjoy nature and love plants, but many of them can’t stand how philodendrons or ficus plants look like. In case you didn’t know philodendrons come with relatively big green leaves, which can make some people scared at night.
Of course, we can’t compare philodendrons with African violets because they don’t have the typical vivid blossoms of these plants.
In case you want to create a comfortable, cozy and peaceful environment inside your home then you should consider using some indoor plants. Those who want to make a perfect combination of furniture, decorations, plants and colors can always rely on Feng Shui. This ancient study can aid you find the right place for all the things you have in your home.
What is Feng Shui?
Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese study that examines the interaction of people and their environment that has been practiced for thousands of years. The two words behind its Chinese name literally mean “wind and water”, signifying the invisible powers in heaven and the flow of energy of the Earth. It strives to help you bring balance and harmony into your surroundings by applying the principles of the natural flow of energy.
According to Feng Shui, both living and non-living things exist in the presence of chi, renewing energy. Chi is also beneficial for the health.
The things in our surrounding, as well as their position, influence our well-being. Plants help the chi energy to be beneficial for us.
Besides being beautiful, plants protect from electromagnetic influence from electronic devices, cleanse the air from toxic material and impurities and provide oxygen.
According to Feng Shui, evergreen plants emit energy that influences our lives positively. One plant that is beneficial for business and material wealth is Jade plant, also called crassula ovate, dollar tree, lucky plant, pink joy and money plant. This plant is also easy to care of.
What kind of a plant is Crassula Ovata or Jade Plant?
This succulent, evergreen plant is native to Africa but it has become a very popular and well-loved houseplant all over the world. Its beautiful jade-green leaves are oval-shaped and resemble coins. They are thick, glossy and smooth and they store water.
- Crassula can produce small white or pink flowers that resemble stars in early spring.
- Depending on the level of sunlight, the leaves can get a pretty red color on their edges.
- It can grow up to 3 meters in height.
- Its blossoms appear in winter and last until spring.
- The plant needs to hibernate from October to April.
- When new stems grow, they have the same quality and color as the leaves but as they grow older, they become woody and brown.
Growing and Handling a Jade Plant
If you want to grow a jade plant, keep it dry for a few days and after that, plant it in a mixture of soil and sand or pure sand. The pant must be watered twice a week and once one month is passed, replant it in a soil with better quality.
It is also a good idea to grow this plant by placing a jade plant leaf directly in the soil. During the replant procedure use a mixture that consists of 20% houseplant, 20% humus and 40% sand and the remaining 20% should be made from small pieces of gravel and bricks.
In case you plant money plant in a large pot and in case you rely on fertilizers, you can expect fast growth. When the hibernation period kicks in, water the plant only twice.
Jade Plant and Symbolism
– Many people in China use this plant to become luckier. In addition, it is a popular housewarming gift. This plant is a perfect option for a gift in case you want to congratulate another individual on their new job, new business or marriage. As we all know, jade is a precious stone that represents a high value.
– The specific color of the leaves of jade plant is stunning jade green. This color represents growth and renewal. In addition, the leaves have a specific shape that makes them look like coins. In other words, they represent financial wealth, prosperity and success.
– In order for it to bring financial blessing, you should put it in the southeast corner of your home, and it is believed that each new leaf will increase your wealth.
– Lucky Plant also represents deep friendship, especially when it blossoms.
– The white and pink flowers show the care that the owner gives to the plant, which is connected to the attention and care we give to our friends.
– The jade plant is a beautiful addition to any household. Besides its beauty, enjoy the material benefits that this plant will bring.