Very easy to make, there is no need for complicated equipment for this recipe. You will have creamy results in just half an hour.
Many people are using this recipe and it is a big hit at this moment. When you will make this homemade mozzarella which is quite delicious, you will never buy one from the market.
– 3/4 teaspoon citric acid*, dissolved in 1/2 cup of cold water
– 1/4 rennet tablet*, dissolved in 1/8 cup of cold water
– 1/2 gallon milk.
– 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
– kitchen thermometer
– Pour milk into a large, heavy pot over medium-high heat. Add the citric acid/water mixture, and stir gently until milk reaches 90 F.
– Remove pot from heat; slowly stir in the rennet solution, using an up-and-down motion with your slotted spoon. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes. Then inspect the curd; it should resemble a custard if pressed gently with your finger.
– When your cheese curds became custard-like combination, whittle a cross-hatch griddle into the curds with a long sharp knife.
– After that cook the curds to 105 degrees and wring the liquid whey.
– When your cheese curds are cooked and wringed, heat them until they are able to be wrenched.
– Wrench the cheese and gather it back on itself. If the cheese tears, add more heat and fold in the salt. The more you gather the cheese the more lace-like it will be. Rip off fragments and roll into balls, and dish out them warm with olive oil and sea salt.