If you are anything like me, your to-do list is longer than your endurance! Perhaps you pump yourself full of coffee to keep you going, however deep down you understand that this temporary fix can just spot things up for so long. Once “burn-out” sets in, it’s challenging to escape!
So what is truly going on with burnout and how can we fix it?
Amongst some physician, burnout is associated with persistent fatigue. And while chronic tiredness can have a number of causes, experts believe that in most cases it is due to adrenal tiredness. The burnout of our adrenal glands!
I’m going to share a little “formula” for success to assist avoid adrenal fatigue or support the adrenals and the immune system when they are lagging. However first let’s discuss what it is and exactly what the signs are.
The presence of adrenal fatigue is disputed within the mainstream medical community. Some state it doesn’t exist. Some say it is a milder, less extreme form of Addison’s Disease (a major, often life-threatening dysfunction of the adrenal glands).
Nevertheless, research does back up the presence of some level of adrenal involvement in CFS, or Persistent Fatigue Syndrome. According to a research study released in the Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology and Metabolism, chronic fatigue syndrome has been connected to lower than normal cortisol levels (suggesting a reduction in the adrenal gland’s capability to maintain cortisol levels).
Adrenal fatigue has many causes, such as inadequate sleep, persistent psychological and mental stress, and excessive caffeine. In turn, our adrenal glands try to maintain by manufacturing more hormones such as cortisol and adrenaline, however ultimately burn out from the increased demands put on them.
According to Christiane Northrup, MD, board accredited OB/GYN, speaker and New York Times Bestselling author:
- Unusual adrenaline and cortisol levels can lead to mood conditions, sleep disturbances, decreased resistance to illness, and changes in essential flow. Since these negative effects are not uneasy sufficient to be intolerable, a self-destructive, adrenal-depleting way of life often continues. DHEA, which helps the body recuperate from this sort of chronic abuse, gets revved up full-time rather of just episodically. Slowly the adrenal glands become seriously exhausted, with the first and most profound effect being their waning ability to produce DHEA. As levels of this restorative hormonal agent fall, cortisol and adrenaline levels begin to fluctuate also, as the adrenal glands try to fill significantly impossible orders for more assistance.
The quandary with adrenal fatigue is that the very aspects which trigger it, are likewise the factors exacerbated, or worsened, by it. So it tends to be a vicious circle.
For example, one of the reasons for adrenal fatigue is a chronic lack of sleep. And one of the finest methods to deal with adrenal fatigue is to get more sleep. Nevertheless, among the signs of adrenal tiredness is a failure to sleep!
Another example is stress. Among the causes of adrenal fatigue is chronic stress. And one of the signs of adrenal tiredness is the inability to endure tension! As in …” I have a brief fuse”. Or, “my nerves are shot!”.
And exactly what about caffeine? Caffeine is a contributor to adrenal fatigue! Yet that warm, energizing Cup O’ Joe is one of the very first things people grab to withstand all that they have on their plates with little energy to achieve it all!
So how do we break this vicious circle?
Remember that old saying “an ounce of prevention deserves a pound of treatment”? Never ever is that more accurate than when referring to the health of our adrenal glands! Make a paradigm shift in your mind now. Modification your way of life prior to it changes you! Are there emotional circumstances or relationships which can be changed? Could your exercise and consuming habits be improved?
However what if it’s far too late and you’re already burned out? Thankfully, there is a lot that can be done to break the cycle and get your adrenal glands carrying out efficiently once again. One such “treatment” which can help support adrenal function is a beverage which combines himalayan salt and vitamin C.
How does salt improve adrenal function?
In many cases of adrenal deficiency, salt and potassium levels can be from balance, causing a salt shortage and salt cravings. This can happen due to low aldosterone levels, a hormone made by the adrenal glands. According to Eric Bakker, ND, of AdrenalFatigue.org:
Another effect of low aldosterone is electrolyte imbalance and cell dehydration, which both have negative effects on practically all physiological reactions in the body. Aside from salt yearnings, low blood pressure and light-headedness, clients with adrenal tiredness typically experience an irregular heart beat, sleepiness, muscle weakness, and increased thirst. These are all a result of imbalance in salt and other minerals, consisting of potassium and magnesium. Increasing your salt intake is one way to assist restore these imbalances.
And the advantage of using himalayan salt, as opposed to some other salts, is that in addition to sodium it includes 87 trace minerals that our bodies crave for all sorts of biochemical procedures!
Vitamin C’s adrenal and immune-enhancing ability
According to a term paper reviewing the connection in between vitamin C (or ascorbic acid) and adrenal steroidogenesis (or production of adrenal hormones):.
The adrenal gland is among the organs with the highest concentration of vitamin C in the body. Remarkably, both the adrenal cortex and the medulla build up such high levels of ascorbate. Ascorbic acid is a cofactor needed both in catecholamine biosynthesis and in adrenal steroidogenesis.
Vitamin C is known to be utilized up by the body quicker under stressful conditions, when utilizing tobacco and throughout infections. By supplying the adrenal glands and our immune systems with more vitamin C, we are boosting the ability of these systems to do their tasks more efficiently!
Remarkably, some individuals within the Lyme Illness neighborhood use what is called the Salt-C Protocol. In Lyme Illness it is very important to reinforce the immune system, and there are lots of anecdotal stories from within this neighborhood which assert that it truly works!
So let’s get going and see how it works for us!
The best ways to consume himalayan salt and vitamin C.
In my own experience, consuming himalayan salt supplies an immediately energy increase which appears to last throughout the day. However, it can be really detoxing at first, so think about cutting the following recipe in half for the first few days. And vitamin C can be taken at a dosage as much as “bowel-tolerance” (the amount that triggers you to have softer or more frequent defecation), as it is a water-soluble vitamin and can not end up being built-up in the body. I usually take 500-1000 mg each day, although some practitioners advocate for much more.
Himalayan Salt and Vitamin C Adrenal Beverage.
- 8 ounces of water.
- 1 teaspoon of Sole * (” so-lay”), a himalayan salt solution (directions listed below).
- Entire food-based vitamin C powder (such as acerola powder) or an artificial vitamin c powder, ideally with bioflavonoids.
- Sole has 478mg of sodium, which is 20% of the USDA’s advised daily allowance of sodium (2500 mg).
- To prepare the sole option, place a number of portions of himalayan salt into a glass mason jar and fill with water up until the water level is a few inches above the salt portions.
- Cover with a non-metal cover (I use plastic wrap) and let sit for a day or more, enabling the water to become saturated with the salt.
- There must be pieces of salt left. If not, the option is not fully filled … include more chunks and let sit another day. This solution can rest on your counter forever, including more pieces and water as needed.
- When it comes time to make your salt and vitamin c option, utilize one teaspoon of the sole solution to 8 ounces of water and after that add the vitamin C.
- Advocates of the benefits of himalayan salt state that you should not stir the option with a metal spoon as it will affect the energetic nature of the salt, so think about stirring with a plastic spoon.
Consume very first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, and enjoy the energy boost! And the next time your start to see your schedule ending up being oh-so-crazy, head off the fatigue with this beverage each early morning for that “ounce of prevention.”.