The most important meal of the day is undoubtedly breakfast, so it is important that it is healthy and balanced. Adding oatmeal you your normal breakfast add numerous health benefits.
For over two thousand years, humans have learned to grow and harvest oats as a source of food and medicine. Medicinally, oatmeal was and is used for healing the skin, intestinal illness, nerve problems, and uterine complaints, among others.
HERE’S HAPPENS TO YOUR BODY WHEN YOU EAT OATMEAL EVERY DAY
Keep in mind that an oatmeal diet is not recommended in the case of certain health conditions like gout. Therefore, before incorporating any dietary changes, make sure you consult your doctor.
NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS OF EATING OATMEAL EVERY DAY
Oatmeal is a whole grain that gives you 13 grams of protein in one small half-cup serving. One tiny quarter-cup serving of oatmeal gives you almost 100% of your recommended daily intake of manganese.
Oatmeal also has many antioxidants including vitamin E, tocotrieonols, selenium, phenolic acids, and phytic acid. Other nutrients provided by a daily helping of oatmeal include Vitamin B1, Biotin, Molybdenum, Phosphorus, Copper and Magnesium among many other phytonutrients.
CHANGES YOU CAN SEE IN YOUR BODY WHEN YOU EAT OATMEAL EVERY DAY
The strongest reason why you should consume oatmeal for breakfast is probably the fact that it effectively prevents weight gain and obesity. Oatmeal will keep you full for a long time, due to its fiber content, and you will start losing weight. It also provides energy needed for the entire day.
It also supplies the body with energy and it will prevent dramatic blood sugar spikes, due to the low-glycemic impact (GI) and it will balance your blood sugar levels, and thus, regulate the usage of insulin.
The low GI of oatmeal will also prevent food cravings as a result of blood sugar drops, and it will help you lower the daily intake of calories by approximately 20%.
Since it will help you feel full, happy, and satisfied, you will not have cravings for sweets and you will spend the day in an improved mood.
OTHER HEALTH BENEFITS OF EATING OATMEAL EVERY DAY
In addition to helping you slim down, lose body fat and prevent overeating, oatmeal provides some significant health benefits. Other oatmeal benefits cited by theworldshealthiestfoods.org with research to back up the claims are:
* Lower cholesterol
* Less risk of cardiovascular disease
* Lower risk of heart failure
* Improved immune response
* Stabilize blood sugar and reduce risk of type 2 diabetes
* Excellent source of fiber which protects against breast cancer
* Whole grains protect against childhood asthma
* Safe grain alternative for celiac disease sufferers or those who are avoiding gluten in their diets
* Extend life expectancy
You can choose to use any of the below- listed oat products, and the less it is processed, the better. Add them to your protein shake, smoothie, yogurt or shake, or you can include them in your favorite cookies and muffins. Furthermore, oatmeal can substitute any grain in your meals.
These are some important facts about oat products:
– Old-fashioned oats: They have been steamed and rolled, so as a result, they have a flattering shape
– Steel-cut oats: They are made by running the grain through steel blades that slice the oats, in order to obtain a dense texture
– Oat bran: It is the outer layer of the oat grain that is left under the hull
– Oat groats: Excellent as a breakfast cereal or for stuffing
– Instant oatmeal: It is made from cooked, and thinly-rolled grains
– Quick-cooking oats: they have been finely cut before being rolled
– After only 2 weeks of regular consumption, you will experience fantastic results.
Hence, all you need to do is to start eating oatmeal for breakfast every morning, and you will rapidly lose weight and significantly improve your overall health!