Nature can provide you with valuable weapons against cancer, but like all things, it’s up to you to use them. Although the Japanese have known about and used spirulina for medicinal purposes for years, this form of microalgae is still not “mainstream” in American diets. Spirulina natively grows in alkaline, warm-water lakes.
Demand for this whole food has sparked the cultivation of spirulina for commercial use in specially designed algae farms. As a result of this new distribution, you can buy spirulina supplements in your local health food store. Western medicine is finally taking note of spirulina’s anti-cancer benefits, and you owe it to yourself to do the same.
Today millions of individuals all over the world are discovering spirulina health advantages:
Most of all proteins. High protein concentration (50% -60%). It includes vital amino acids, and the highest worths belong to leucine (10.8% of total amino acids), valine (7.4%) and isoleucine (6.9%).
Another advantage – Vitamins. It has a fairly high concentration of vitamin A and is an extremely rich source of vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin). It consists of Vitamin B1 (thiamine), B2 (riboflavin), B3 (nicotinamide), B6 (pyridoxine), B9 (folic acid), vitamin C, vitamin E and vitamin D.
– Furthermore – Lipids. Spirulina includes 4-8% lipids.
– Minerals. Spirulina is an abundant source of potassium, likewise includes chromium, calcium, iron, copper, magnesium, manganese, selenium, phosphorus, sodium and zinc … The iron from spirulina has 65% much better absorption that the iron sulphate.
– Carbohydrates. It includes about 12.6% carbs, some of which are glucose, mannose, galactose and xylose.
– Nucleic acids. Spirulina includes 2.3% -3.6% RNA and 0.7% -1.2% of DNA.
– Pigments. It consists of chlorophyll, xanthophyll, β-carotene (According to the conclusions of the National Cancer Institute in the US, a dosage of 6,0 mg of β-carotene daily can be efficient in minimizing the threat of cancer.
When an infection attacks a cell it first connects itself to the cell membrane. Nevertheless, due to the presence of spirulina extract, the infection can not penetrate cell membranes and occur inside the cell. He is stuck and not able to duplicate. Natural defense cells of the organism eventually remove it.
This paste, used as a bonding agent, is a cheap adhesive that keeps the beef together. BPI asserts that pink slime is safer than conventional ground beef because of the ammonia treatment.
Corporations that claim to use “natural flavoring” might be using castoreum. This food coloring agent is extracted from the castor sac scent glands of the male or female beaver, which are located near their anus. It is a bitter, orange-brown oily secretion. The discharge from the anal sac is combined with urine and used by beavers to mark their territory or in sexual rites. This product is sometimes used in certain foods, drinks, candies and desserts, like pudding.
Spirulina’s blue-green color is more than a pretty facade; it is also the source of much of its cancer-prevention abilities.
Another study shows that β-carotene, which is very rich in spirulina or its extracts, can prevent or inhibit the growth of cancer cells in humans and animals. Also some of the most common forms of cancer are thought to be the result of damaged DNA that causes uncontrolled growth of cells.
In one US study, extracts of Spirulina had reduced cell growth in oral cancer. The cancer cells were administered a solution of β-carotene in the mouths of mice, which had reduced the number and size of tumors, and some of them have totally disappeared. In India, people who chew tobacco take spirulina regularly. A study in Israel again showed that natural β-carotene is more effective than synthetic.
Spirulina is widely utilized and operated in various methods on the human body and its health:
1. Strengthens the body immune system, enhances resilience and resistance
2. Purifies the body and damages complimentary radicals
3. Assists in regulating body weight
4. Improves heart function, controls cholesterol and blood pressure
5. It improves digestion and work of the digestive system and restores intestinal flora
6. Increases mental energy and enhances brain function
7. It invigorates the body and slows aging
8. It is utilized for menstrual issues, issues with gall bladder, liver, constipation, arthritis …
Spirulina is advised for:
1. Professional athletes who require more energy and physical endurance
2. People in need of cleansing the body of contaminants, heavy metals, alcohol, smoking cigarettes and excessive use of drugs
3. Pregnant ladies who have an increased requirement for protein, iron
4. Anemic people to enhance blood counts
Spirulina tablets can be used by individuals of any ages. Adults can take 4-6 tablets a day with a meal or in between meals, however not later on than 4 hours prior to bedtime.
Spirulina can be used as a face mask:
1. If you have oily skin mash 2-3 tablets and combine with a little water and apply on face.
2. If you have dry skin, mash 2-3 tablets and combine with a little yogurt or sour cream and use on face.
3. When the mask is dried on the face, about 15 minutes, remove it only with lukewarm water.
This superfood you can utilize as an accessory in making the delicacy and shakes. It can be utilized as a food additive, crush 1-2 tablets and add them when cooking as a spice. Remember, include it just at the end of the heat treatment, temperature less than 42C, in order to preserve all the ingredients of foods items.
In spite of its different medical usages, spirulina is not appropriate for everyone. If you have questions about whether you can take Spirulina or other vitamin supplement, consult your physician.