Dark circles under eyes are not loved by anybody. They give you a tiresome appearance as well as make you look ages more established from your actual age. The skin under the eyes is the thinnest skin as compared to other body parts. The blood going through the veins nearer to the skin surface shows off as a bluish tint. The skin will look darker for thinner skin. It can also be the result of a poor diet, consuming too much alcohol, or smoking, as well as being genetic.
If you want to get rid of them for a party tonight, a work meeting, or just because you don’t like them, then you can try these quick fix solutions.
These solutions are all natural and do not take a lot of time. Also, if you do them daily, you may find your puffiness disappears completely and you’ll be looking like a supermodel in no time.
Here are some natural remedies to get rid of black circles under your eyes:
Anything cold will help reduce your dark circles and puffiness under eyes. Potatoes can stay cold for long and are likewise rich in various antioxidants like vitamin C along with different nutrients, enzymes and starch that help nourish your thin skin around the eyes. They are additionally said to have natural bleaching agents that lighten your skin around eyes.
Cucumber is, by a wide margin, the most applied home remedies to get rid of dark circles under eyes. Numerous explores have observed that cucumber contains various antioxidants, for example vitexin, cucurbitacins, orientin and isoscoparin, also vitamin K and vitamin C that help reduce discolouration under eyes. The antioxidants in cucumber appear to help reduce the inflammation creating puffiness under the eyes and also the dark circles. You have to place chilled cucumber slices on your closed eyes, and the cool temperature helps in backing off the puffiness by diminishing aggregation of liquid under eyes.
– Remove a cucumber from the fridge and cut a few slices, not too thick and not too thin.
– Place them over your eyes for ten minutes.
– Remove and rinse your eyes gently.
This is effective but cold. It also should just be done for a short length of time, and should be avoided completely if you are suffering from a sinus infection.
– Wrap two ice cubes in two light cloths and gently place over your eyes.
– Rub them gently around your eyes, too.
– Do this for a few minutes or as long as you can bear.
– Watch the puffiness and blackness disappear.
Almond oil is a great natural ingredient that is very beneficial for the delicate skin around your eyes. Regular usage of almond oil will help fade your under eye circles. In addition to almond oil, you can use vitamin E oil to eliminate dark circles under the eyes.
– Before going to bed, apply a little almond oil over the dark circles and gently massage it into the skin.
– Leave it on overnight.
– The next morning, wash it off with cold water.
– Follow this remedy daily until the dark circles disappear.
Tomato Juice and Lemon Juice
A little tomato juice, organic if possible, with a few drops of real lemon juice, soaked in cotton wool, on and over your eye – brilliant!
The caffeine and antioxidants present in tea can be highly beneficial for getting rid of dark circles as well as puffiness under eyes by shrinking the blood vessels and reducing fluid retention. The tannins, in particular, help decrease swelling and discoloration.
– Chill two used green or black tea bags in the refrigerator for about half an hour.
– Place one tea bag over each eye and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
– Remove the tea bags and wash your face.
– Repeat once or twice daily for a few weeks.
Note: Be careful not to get the tea in your eyes.
Cleopatra was onto something when she used to bathe in milk for pure, white, soft and silky skin. You don’t need to bathe in it though, just soak some cotton wool in cold milk.
Place the cotton wool balls over your eyes. You can keep adding milk if need be.
Twenty minutes of this and your eyes will be fresh, sparkling and without puffiness or dark circles.
Separate the egg white from the yolk and mix the egg white with a fork. Try and make it quite hard, almost like meringue but without the sugar.
Apply under your eyes for about twenty minutes. You will feel it harden as it dries, but this is good.
Rinse and be amazed at the results. Repeat as often as you like.
General Eye Health
– Get adequate sleep and rest.
– Avoid rubbing your eyes too much or too often as it causes the blood vessels to dilate, thus making the under eye circles appear darker.
– Remove your make-up before going to sleep or else it may irritate your eyes.
– Limit sun exposure.
– Drink plenty of water throughout the day to get rid of water retention that could be causing the problem.
– To avoid eye bags caused by pooling of fluids in your lower eyelids, elevate your head by adding two or more pillows under your head before going to sleep.
– Pay attention to your diet and eat foods rich in vitamins A, C and E.
– Stop smoking and restrict alcohol and caffeine consumption; smoking damages skin cells, and alcohol and caffeine contribute to dehydration which in turn weakens the delicate skin around the eyes.