This Healthier Chicken Sausage Pepper Calzone is made gluten totally free and grain complimentary utilizing my low carb Fat Head dough dish and no one will know it’s healthy!
- This post belongs to a terrific campaign with al fresco in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month in October. They have actually created a group of influencer’s called Group Pink to assist get the word out about how we can support those who fighting with their health and share ideas on how to make basic changes in our consuming to stay healthy. It’s basic methods we can #fightbackbetter in our everyday choices to assist fight versus illness, illness and disease. I’m honored to be partnering with al fresco on bringing awareness to Breast Cancer Awareness in October.
You don’t often believe a calzone may be the type of food considered to be healthy for special diet plans, however this one is. Whether you live a low carbohydrate lifestyle, a calzone stuffed with peppers, onions, chicken sausage and cheese is difficult not to like and make. No yeast in the dough equates to no time at all waiting on the dough to rise, however exactly what’s even better is understanding the dough is ideal for anybody who has allergic reactions to wheat, gluten, grains as well as tree nuts. It’s a perfect family allergic reaction friendly meal to bring to a friend in need and exactly what I would produce somebody having problem with their health.
- Making healthy swaps becomes part of exactly what makes this #fightbackbetter project incredible. It’s all about finding simple methods to better your life, being little things you might be able to integrate daily to combat against illness and illness, specifically when flu season comes into play.
The better the food options we make, the better your body can be in battling against sickness.
Choosing less refined carbs is among those methods to make healthier options utilizing veggies rather. An easy idea to decrease the amount of refined carbs is to switch traditional spaghetti for zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash instead. Cauliflower is likewise a fantastic way to reduce carbs. Attempt this dish for Cauliflower Mock Tater Tots, kid approved!
- Minimizing sugar is always a great idea, whether you’re on a low carb diet plan or just getting began into a “less refined sugar” lifestyle. Sugar feeds illness so lowering it can only help battle against illness much better. Attempt these yummy grain complimentary Pumpkin pancakes you will not even see they are sugar totally free and low carbohydrate!
Make your very own treats so you will be less tempted by shop bought items loaded with sugar and carbohydrates. Attempt this simple recipe for granola made in the crock pot!
When someone you understand is in requirement, the best method to assist is constantly simply bringing them a hearty meal. Not only is this basic calzone fast to make it’s something that can be refrigerated and heated up whenever you’re starving. Because let’s face it, when you’re not feeling well you typically lose your appetite. The scrumptious smells of this meal will bring them coming for more.
It’s easy for kids to warm up by themselves as well so mommy will not have to worry if she’s not feeling well. It’s even great room temperature so it’s perfect for a jam-packed lunch also.
Low Carb Grain Free Chicken Sausage Pepper Calzone
Serving size: 1/14
Fat: 16.4 g
Saturated fat: 7.7 g
Carbohydrates: 12.3 g
Sugar: 1.2 g
Sodium: 556 mg
Fiber: 2.6 g
Protein: 16.7 g
Cholesterol: 102 mg
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Fat Head Grain Free Dough recipe
1 (12oz.) package al fresco roasted garlic chicken sausage
1/2 cup sliced sweet red pepper
1/2 cup sliced sweet yellow pepper
1/2 cup cup sliced sweet green pepper
1/2 cup sliced onion
2 tbsp olive oil
4 ounces tomato sauce
1.5 cups mozzarella cheese
– Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
– Prepare pizza dough and spread dough out like you would for a pizza on a parchment lined baking sheet, but do not bake it! Reserve.
– Slice chicken sausage and reserved.
– Prepare the peppers and onions in oil in a large frying pan over medium heat until tender.
– Add the sausage to the peppers then include tomato sauce, mix to combine.
– Stir in 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
– Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese down the middle of the pizza dough.
– Location filling on the top and roll up one half of the dough using the parchment paper to fold over.
– Fold over the other half and utilize your fingers to push dough and seal together.
– Keep seal side down and bake for 20-25 minutes till browned.
– Allow to cool 10-15 minutes prior to slicing.
Net Carbohydrates: 9.7 g.