We all know how many people often make a characteristic face when they eat lemons. You know the tight, puckered lips and squinted eyes.
You probably think that lemon has the best effect when it’s eaten raw, but actually if you combine lemon juice with a glass of hot water and drink it in the morning, can have some amazing benefits for your overall health, too.
IS LEMON WATER GOOD FOR YOU?
One positive thing is that you won’t make that odd face like you do when you eat a raw lemon! Hot lemon water in the morning is incredibly refreshing, invigorating and it gives your metabolism the much needed boost.
Lemons are loaded with healthy benefits, and they’re a particularly great source of vitamin C.
– A single cup of fresh lemon juice packs 187% of vitamin C RDA (recommended daily allowance)
– Lemon juice is also rich in potassium, magnesium and copper.
But, there’s one common mistake most people do when it comes to lemons – they throw away the rind! Lemon peel is actually the most nutritious parts of the whole fruit.
The lemon peel is one of the most nutritious parts of the whole fruit. Your normal routine would probably be: slicing the lemon, squeezing the juice into a bottle and adding some hot or ice water. This is actually the wrong way.
Luckily for you, that’s why we’re here today! Here’s the right way to prepare lemon water!
The Ideal Lemon Water Recipe
– Take out a couple of fresh, preferably organic lemons.
– Slice them as thin or thick as you like.
– Squeeze some of the sliced lemons into the water but not all.
– Grate some of the zest of these squeezed slices into your drink.
– Place the remaining un-squeezed slices in your blender bottle, mug, or travel cup.
– Fill to the brim with either boiling hot, or ice cold water.
Lemon Water For The Win
Health experts say that lemon water acidity aids in digestion. It also helps to slow absorption of food, which conserves insulin stores in the body and ensures your body gets the most out of the food it’s processing.
Lemon water can also give your GI tract the push it needs in the morning to get things moving and also reduce fluid retention.
So, why don’t you try it out today? Prepare it the right way and enjoy all its benefits!