Did you know that when prepared properly, mashed cauliflower has an extremely similar texture to mashed potatoes and a sweet and buttery taste?
The majority of kids won’t flinch at the difference, and you can rest pleased understanding you are squeezing in extra protein and nutrients. Leading with melted cheese, as well as the most adamant of vegetable haters will provide it a shot.
Why Mashed Cauliflower?
We all love potatoes, however they are one of the most-consumed foods in the United States and the majority of us are getting way to numerous of them (french fries anyone?). White potatoes are delicious and have some nutritional benefits, however are absolutely nothing compared with this nutritious alternative: cauliflower!
This cauliflower mashed potatoes recipe is a fantastic side meal for Thanksgiving or other holidays, or for a healthy household supper any night of the week. In fact, this is one alternative that in fact tastes much better than the original dish and there are limitless ways to personalize it!
If you have truly choosy eaters in your home, whip truly well, and offer garnishes like bacon and cheese- they will not understand the distinction! You’ll like that you are serving a healthy veggie, and they’ll enjoy their “potatoes.” In fact, a pal recently made these for her partner and he asked if she had actually included cheese or extra butter to the mashed potatoes since they tasted a little various. Yet, he didn’t realize it was actually cauliflower!
Veggies for the win!
– 1-2 head of fresh cauliflower or 1-2 bags of frozen
– 4 TBSP grass-fed butter
– 2 T or more Parmesan (optional).
– Salt, pepper, garlic and other spices to taste.
– Bring a couple quarts of water to a boil in a big pan and include cauliflower.
– Cook until tender (You might also utilize a microwave).
– When tender, put it into big bowl and add other ingredients.
– Use immersion mixer or hand mixer to mix till smooth and creamy. This is the most important action … pieces of cauliflower are a giveaway!
– Sprinkle with additional cheese if desired and serve warm.