In this article, we will present you a recipe of a delicious, vegan Avocado Basil Pesto. This pesto is made of avocado, which gives it a nice and creamy base, and basil, which gives it the well-known flavor we all love. Use can use this dairy-free pesto for any pasta cooked or raw. Or, you can use it as a condiment on almost anything.
Basil is an herb that is able to destroy the microbes found in and on the greens? Besides this, basil is packed with vitamin A, magnesium, and other nutrients that are highly efficient when it comes to protecting the cell walls from free radical damage in the blood. Basil is also beneficial for boosting the blood flow and stopping cholesterol from oxidizing in the blood stream. The fact that basil does not oxidize means that it does not accumulate on the blood vessel walls.
This is how basil helps you prevent atherosclerosis and heart attacks. The fact that basil is abundant in magnesium makes it highly beneficial for promoting the cardiovascular health by relaxing the muscles and the blood vessels.
It also improves the blood flow and thus reduces the risk of irregular heart rhythms and cardiovascular spasms. Now we will move on to the recipe. This simple Basil Pesto recipe is both raw and vegan, but it is very tasty and can keep you satiated for a long time.
Creamy Vegan Pesto Sauce
– 10-12 large leaves of fresh basil
– A small pinch of chili spice
– Salt and pepper to taste
– One avocado – Two cloves of garlic
– Juice from three to four big lemon slices – One to two cups of cooked organic rice pasta (or spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles, etc.)
– One tablespoon of coconut oil
– Sprinkle of red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Take the avocado, scoop out its inside and put it into a bowl
2. Mash the inside of the avocado up
3. Wash the basil leaves well and then chop them
4. Mix the basil leaves with the mashed avocado and the lemon juice in a food processor
5. Peel the garlic cloves, and press them or chop them finely
6. Take a medium size frying pan and pour the coconut oil in to heat at a medium temperature
7. Add the garlic in the pan and sauté it in the oil
8. Add the mixture made of avocado, basil, and lemon to the pan and reduce the temperature
9. In the end, add the salt, the pepper, and the chili powder, and mix well to get a homogenous mixture. The amounts of the seasons you add should be adjusted according to your taste
10. Serve this sauce with pasta or any other meal. You will get a quantity sufficient for several cups of cooked pasta. This sauce is filling, so you are recommended to use a few tablespoons of sauce per cup of pasta. You can also use it as a dip, as an addition to sandwiches, etc.