Salt has long been used only to season our food, but nowadays people use it for numerous other purposes. Salt has practical uses which can contribute to your health in different ways. For example, adding salt in your favorite cosmetic products can improve the quality of your skin and hair.
Use salt for hair:
– Anti-oily hair – oily hair results of excessively active sebaceous glands on the scalp that produce too much oil. This issue can be solved with salt. Just add 2-3 tbsp. in your shampoo to wash your hair with it. After the first treatment you will notice positive results. You will have hair without excess oil.
– Anti-dandruff treatment – dandruff is a layer formed on the scalp form small pieces of dead skin cells. Salt can stimulate circulation and eliminate dandruff flakes, protecting your scalp from fungal growth. You need to divide your hair into sections and sprinkle 1-2 tsp of salt on the scalp, massaging it gently with wet fingers for 10 minutes. Wash it off as usual.
– Hair growth – sea salt is great for hair growth. In case you suffer from alopecia, or hair loss, then you can use sea salt for natural stimulation of hair growth. Wash your hair as you do normally and massage the wet scalp with sea salt for 10-15 minutes. Finally, wash it off. The treatment should be repeated 2 times a week for 2 months.
Use salt for skin:
– Softening body scrub – Salt is also beneficial for skin care and health. All you need to do in order to have soft and silky skin is to combine together coarse sea salt with 2 teaspoons of coconut oil and stir well. Then, use this mixture to gently scrub your body in a circular motion which will eliminate all the dead skin cells. After you’re done scrubbing, wash your body with a shower gel.
– Face mask – If you have a sensitive and easily irritable skin, try the following mask that will soothe your skin and prevent irritations due to its anti-inflammatory components. It will control the oil secretion and hydrate areas of dry skin. Just mix together 2 teaspoons of sea salt and 4 teaspoons of raw honey. Apply the mixture to a dry and clean skin, except for the eye area, and keep it for 10-15 minutes. Then, rinse your face with warm water.
– Face toner – You can also use salt as a facial toner which will penetrate into your skin pores deeply and cleanse them. Also, it will control the oil production and fight bacteria which will prevent acne. Make your homemade facial toner by mixing one teaspoon of sea salt with 4 ounces of warm water and pour the mixture in a spray bottle. Spray this mixture once or twice a day to clean and dry skin. Make sure you avoid the eyes.
Note: If you suffer from hypertension, be careful, as you should limit your intake of salt. Otherwise, it may additionally increase your already high blood pressure. However, external use of this natural mineral won’t worsen your condition.