Many different types of sauces require a few common ingredients. These things can range from fresh veggies to red wine and even soy sauce.
If you’re someone who likes to cook you may use soy sauce as an ingredient in various recipes. Sadly most brands of soy sauce on the market are made from genetically modified soy beans.
Sure, it is possible to buy organic soy sauce it is generally not easy to find. In order to avoid the genetically modified versions here are some of the best soy sauce alternatives.
- 2 cups beef bone broth (here’s how to make)
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar, though the taste will be different)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Sprinkle (less that ¼ tsp) of salt, pepper and ginger powders (add more salt if you like the salty flavor or soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon red boat fish sauce (I get it here)
Mix all ingredients (except fish sauce) in a small pan and bring to a simmer.
Simmer for about 8-9 minutes or until reduced by about half.
Taste to make sure you’ve reached the desired flavor and saltiness. Add more salt if needed.
Remove from heat and add fish sauce.
Stir well and let cool.
Store in the fridge and use in place of soy sauce as desired.