Aluminum is everywhere and in everything from tap water to most foods and formulas, cookware and even the air you breathe. The number of neurological diseases connected to aluminum toxicity has been continuously increasing.
Aluminum is a toxic metal so persuasive in our environment that it is practically impossible to avoid. It has been linked to neurological conditions like Alzheimer’s disease and some research has even linked it to cancer.
- According to Dr. Chris Ecley, Ph.D., we have come into the aluminum age. Many trolling commentators love to explain how aluminum is the most common mineral on the planet and therefore harmless. Dr. Exley has dedicated over two decades of his scientific life to researching aluminum toxicity. He called the period of time from the early 20th century to now the “age of aluminum.”
Before then, aluminum remained in the ground as the most abundant mineral in the earth that had not yet been mined. Exley claims that by mining aluminum and using it in so many ways corresponds to the marked increase of neurological diseases.
Mineral Water to Detox Aluminum
Dr. Exley’s study followed 15 patients with Alzheimer’s as they drank a liter of silica-rich Malaysian water called ‘Spritzer’ every day for 13 weeks. Over the course of the study, their cognitive decline came to a halt and the aluminum levels in their bodies dropped by up to 70%. Three of the participants even showed an improvement in their mental health.
“There were two parts to our research. The first is that drinking silicon water does remove aluminum from the body. When you drink silicon-rich mineral water aluminum throughout the body is gathered up into the blood and then excreted through the urine. We now know we can use this silicon-rich “therapy” water to reduce aluminum.”
- “The most interesting thing was that we did see this potential relationship between the removal of aluminum and the positive improvement in cognitive function.”
- “The second part of our research was looking at the cognitive abilities of people with Alzheimer’s and whether these changed as the aluminum was reduced.”
The mineral water studied contained 35mg of silicon per liter, it can be hard to find in North American stores. Similar water brands made available are ‘Volvic’ which has 20mg/liter and Fiji water, which contains 45mg/liter.
Foods Naturally High in Silica:
- Oats, 100g – 595mg
- Millet 100g – 500mg
- Barley 100g – 233mg
- Potatoes 100g – 200mg
- Jerusalem artichoke 100g – 36mg
- Red beets 100g – 21mg
- Asparagus 100g – 18mg
- Banana (yellow, peeled), 250g – 13.60mg
- Green beans (cooked), 250g – 6.10mg
- Carrot (raw, peeled), 200g – 4.58mg
- Brown rice, 200g – 4.14mg