It’s amazing how something as simple as egg shells can have a tremendous impact on your health. If you normally toss your eggshells you might want to read this, it’ll change the way you see egg shells.
Most people don’t think about it, but egg shells are actually 90% pure calcium, and it is calcium the is almost chemically identical to the same calcium that makes up our teeth and bones. Because of this chemical similarity, the calcium from egg shells is easy absorbed into our bodies and helps with many aspects of our health.
Egg shells are also a great source of other minerals like iron, zinc, copper, manganese, fluorine, phosphorus, chromium and molybdenum.
So how can eggshells improve your health?
- The calcium content not only helps strengthen bones, but helps the bone marrow produce more and healthier blood cells.
- Calcium also helps prevent osteoporosis. Not only that, but calcium has been proven to lower cholesterol and help lower blood pressure too.
- To promote overall good health, you can take 5 egg shells and crush them into a fine powder.
- Add that powder to 3 liters of water, and let it sit in the fridge for a week to dissolve the shells.
- You can also ad a little bit of lemon juice for flavor, and consume 2-3 glasses of the mixture every day.
Eggshells can support gastric health and your thyroid gland simply by mixing crushed egg shells with lemon juice and allowing them to soften. By adding egg shells softened with lemon juice to a liter of rakia, you can make a powerful drink that supports thyroid function.
On the same toke, you can add softened egg shells to hot milk to help treat ulcers, and promote good digestive health. In almost any situation where you need more calcium, eggshells are nature’s perfect match to the calcium already in our bodies.