The mint family is proud to present one of its most powerful members- the thyme. Thyme comes from the Mediterranean areas and is also known as thymus vulgari.
This herb is so mighty that it can kill off any harmful bacteria, inflammatory triggers and irritations. It is mostly used on the skin, bathing products and cooking.
However, you have to keep in mind that certain chemo types like thymus vulgaris ct. thymol, thymus vulgaris ct. thujanol, and thymus vulgaris c.t carvacrol, are only labeled as aromatherapy herbs .
Thyme oil needs to always be used with precaution and in moderation.
The Most Powerful Herb that Fights Off Strep, Herpes, Candida and Flu Virus
Due to thyme’s ability to offer plenty of bactericidal, antiviral, antibiotic, fungicidal, antispasmodic, diuretic, antiseptic, and expectorant qualities, the cold and flu season will seem like a joke.
Furthermore, this herb can stimulate the production of white blood cells and strengthens the immunity in the meantime. Thyme is an excellent cleanser and helps you get rid of any toxins and chemicals trapped inside the body.
It is very aromatic; hence the name- thyme comes from the Greek word ‘thymos’ – ‘to perfume’.
- Thyme offers countless health benefits that can keep you fit at all times. It can easily deal with respiratory infections, colds, flues, asthma, sore throats, coughs, whooping coughs, catarrh, bronchitis, and laryngitis.
The best way to use thyme is through inhalation- this helps mostly with all throat, nose, and chest issues. In case you are suffering from gingivitis, thrushes, and other mouth or gum infections, use thyme in gargle/mouthwash or toothpaste.
- As little as a .1 percent solution is effective. After a study in Germany, many researchers believe the effectiveness of cough medicines is due to the exhalation (after swallowing) of the local action of the essential oil on the respiratory tract.
Extensive research has shown the effectiveness of essential oils, including thyme, as expectorants and to increase mucus secretions to relieve dry coughs. Inhalation in small amounts worked best; too strong has the opposite effect. Inhaled treatments are especially effective when treating chronic infections that linger in the sinuses.
- Thyme has long been used as a way to treat psychological and physical weakness. It helps regain strength after illness, depression, or chronic fatigue, and it’s also useful in case of insomnia. It helps concentrate, boosts circulation, increases blood pressure that is too low, and boosts memory and even intelligence. It strengthens, balances, and revives both, body and mind.
Thyme essential oil acts on the bacteria’s enzymes due to its strong antibacterial properties. Being strong antibacterial agent and a stronger antiseptic than most used in hospitals, it has been used for disinfecting hands before surgery as a soapy solution.
It is able to kill staph at a dilution of a thousand times. A French study proved thyme used in vaporizer can destroy 90% of microbes within 3 hours. Besides deodorizing the air, it also purifies it from staphylococcus, proteus, cryptococcal, and streptococcus.
– Treats vaginitis and candida.
– Helps in urinary tract and bladder infections, and acts as diuretic.
– Lowers rheumatic pain, sports injuries, sciatica, sprains, muscle aches and pains, gout, and arthritis.
– Normalizes irregular periods.
– Increases the omega-3 fatty acid DHA content in the brain, kidneys, and heart cell membranes.
– Heals nail fungus.
– Relieves insect bites and skin irritation.
– Aids in treating athlete’s foot.
– Removes acne or warts.
– Eradicates parasites.
– Helps skin injuries to heal faster.
– Hand sanitizer.
– Hair tonic.
You can treat alopecia areata by preparing a massage lotion combined of cedar wood, lavender and rosemary, along with jojoba and grapeseed carrier oils. Make sure to massage onto scalp each day for few months.
If you suffer from irritations, then combine lavender, pine, grapefruit, bergamot, lemon, and rosemary.