Pneumonia is a serious lung condition which can cause death if left untreated. It is a lung infection triggered by a bacteria or virus. Lung tissues become inflamed and swollen causing life-threatening symptoms.
Even though these natural remedies can help treat pneumonia and relieve its symptoms, they are not created to cure it. So, take them along with the therapy prescribed by your doctor.
The symptoms of pneumonia include high fever, cough (green or rusty, or tinged with blood), shallow breathing, chest pain, shivering, and weakness.
But, when it comes to children, they can even experience convulsion, delirium, and constipation. In such case, take your child to the nearest hospital immediately.
So, the best way to treat this severe lung condition is combining prescribed medication with some of the following home remedies. In this way, you will alleviate the symptoms and speed up the recovery process.
Home Remedies for Pneumonia
This popular vegetable is one of the most effective natural antibiotics known to people.
It will not only help combat infections and germs, but it’ll also enhance the effect of the drugs prescribed for pneumonia. What’s more, garlic won’t affect your body’s good bacteria.
How to Use
- Heat two to three crushed cloves until they start releasing juice. Then, chop the pieces and apply them on your chest.
- Another option is to roast a few cloves of garlic and crush them into powder. Then, add some olive oil and heat. Now, you just have to breathe in the fumes to alleviate congestion.
- Alternatively, consume more garlic by adding it to various dishes and meals. What’s more, if you combine it with onion, you’ll give your body more antioxidant power which will further hasten the recovery.
This is one of the best natural ingredients when it comes to treating pneumonia. Turmeric provides potent anti-oxidative, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and antibacterial effects.
Its active compound curcumin and the many volatile oils it contains will boost your overall health.
How to Use
- Add ½ a teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of milk. Heat until warm and drink it. Take this remedy twice a day. This golden milk will help fight the lung infection and accelerate the healing process.
- Alternatively, combine some turmeric powder with honey to create a paste and apply it on your chest. This should alleviate your pneumonia symptoms.
- The simplest way to take advantage of the healing properties of turmeric is to use it in your cooking.
Fresh or powdered, ginger will reduce your lung infection and boost the effects of your pneumonia drugs. Here are the best ways to use ginger’s antiseptic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
How to Use
- Combine ginger in raw or powdered form with fresh lemon juice and some honey to taste. Drink this mixture twice a day.
- Make ginger tea.
- Make a paste by mixing ginger and turmeric powder with a bit of warm water. Apply it on your chest to relieve pneumonia symptoms.
4. Parsnip Juice
Last but not least, parsnip can help the treatment of pneumonia and speed up the recovery process. The chlorine and phosphorus content of this root vegetable will help treat your bronchial infection.
How to Use
- Extract the juice from parsnip’s root and leaves and drink 250 ml on a daily basis.
- Another option is to make a tea using the leaves and root. Just boil them and drink 250 ml of the tea a day.
Note: Never underestimate this lung condition since the lack of treatment can cause irreversible damage. It’s important to visit your doctor as soon as you feel pneumonia symptoms mentioned above.
In this way, you’ll take the needed drugs to combat the lung infection in time. These natural remedies will help your pneumonia treatment and speed up your recovery.