Vertigo is a symptom.It develop suddenly and last for a few seconds, but it can also last much longer even for a several days.
Other symptoms associated with vertigo :
- loss of balance – it is difficult to stand or walk
- feeling sick or being sick
Systems that help with our balance are :
- a vestibular system ( to move and not fall),
- a sensorimotor control system ( control senses- hearing and sight),
- the system responsible for touch – the proprioception system.
The inner ears :
- help with our vision
- helps us with identification with space
6 Ways to Getting Rid of Vertigo
1. Reduce Stress
- get rest
- sleep well
- spend free time outdoors, meditation, exercise, yoga, essential oils and warm baths.
2. Get Enough Rest Too but Also Be Active
- Sleep enough ( 7 – 8 hours) every night
- sleep with two pillows
- sleep with a slightly raised head
- always get up slowly once you wake up, or sit for a minute before you get out of bed
- by sitting your ears and also your head get accustomed.
3. Stay Hydrated and Maintain a Healthy Diet
- have a rich-nutrient diet
- consume more anti-inflammatory foods: vegetables especially leafy greens( lowering potassium), lean protein clean sources ( pasture-raised poultry, grass-fed meat and cage-free eggs, fats but healthy sources ( extra-virgin olive oil, coconut oil, and wild fish), fruit (avocado and bananas)
- reduce the alcohol and caffeine on a daily basis
- drink water.
4. Head Maneuvers – CRP
- always do this with a doctor
- the technique is series of body and head movements to clean canals found in the inner ear chamber
- four positions you need to do as long as you have the symptoms or for thirty to forty-five seconds
- another position is where you hold your head fixed for twenty seconds
- do this when the symptoms stop.
5. Physical Therapy
- the vestibular system sends information to the brain; the information is in the form of nerve impulses
- the therapy maintains the senses to work with the organs and the balance to be re-established
- physical therapy can increase your movement and flexibility, your motion and its range and can increase your strength
- if you can’t sleep properly, this exercises will help you.
6. Consult Your Doctor About Other Causes of Dizziness
- if you feel dizzy
- do a blood test to confirm
- certain medications cause or make your dizziness worse like supplements in high amounts, medications for your blood pressure and drugs that are anti-anxiety.
Tips to manage your symptoms in the time you have them:
- sit down and rest
- don’t exercising or driving
- consult your doctor whether you should use a cane to help you with the balance
- in the night try not to get up fast and always have good light