A lot of people have lately switched to soy milk with the goal to eat healthier. This milk doesn’t contain lactose, so it’s a good substitute for people who are lactose intolerant or vegans.
- Soy milk is low in cholesterol and saturated fats, and at the same time, high in calcium, protein, iron, B vitamins. However, research indicates that consumption of soy milk gravely endangers our health.
These are the ingredients of this milk:
– Soymilk (Filtered water, whole soybeans)
– Cane Sugar
– Sea Salt
– Vitamin B12
– Natural Flavor
– Calcium Carbonate
– Vitamin A palmitate
– Vitamin D2
You are almost certainly familiar with the majority of them, but when it comes to carrageenan, you must to know that it belongs to a family of linear sulfated polysaccharides which are extracted from red edible seaweeds.
They are frequently used in the food industry due to their stabilizing, gelling, and thickening properties. It has no nutritional significance, and our body can’t digest it, although it is derived from a natural source. It destroys the immune system, as it encourages a negative immune response that leads to inflammation.
Scientists have found a link between carrageenan and the increased colon cancer rate, along with gastrointestinal inflammation that leads to chronic diarrhea, IBS, spastic colon, and inflammatory bowel disease.
You decide for your own health, but you need to stay well-informed about the food you consume. There have been numerous debates about the effects of the consumption of soy milk, but there is a significant amount of evidence that proves its dangerous side-effects on health.
Here are 10 good reasons to avoid soy milk:
– Soy is plant rich in estrogens which are known as phytoestrogens, and they disrupt the endocrine function and cause breast cancer in women and infertility.
– Soy foods are abundant in aluminum, which is toxic for the body and has extremely negative effects the nervous system and the kidneys, and it has also been linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
– Soybeans are loaded with toxins which affect estrogen levels, so consuming 2 glasses a day greatly alters the hormones in a woman’s body, disrupting her menstrual cycle.
– Soybeans and soy products are abundant in phytic acid. It inhibits the assimilation of copper, zinc, magnesium, calcium, and iron.
– Soy contains toxic isoflavones –daidzein and genistein, which trigger the growth of the existing breast cancer.
– Soy foods are also rich in goitrogens that can inhibit the production of thyroid hormones.
– Nitrates, a very potent carcinogens, are formed during the spray-drying process.
– Soybeans are also very rich in haemagglutinin, a clot-promoting substance that makes the red blood cells to clump together.
– During the process of production of the soy protein isolate and textured vegetable protein, the fragile soy proteins are being exposed to high temperatures, and that makes them harmful for human digestion.
– Around 99% of soy is genetically modified, so it’s very high in pesticides.